The Super Bowl auto ad lineup
Automotive News’ game-day coverage on autonews.com/superbowl
• Acura: A 1st-quarter spot showcases the NSX supercar — loudly.
• Audi: After skipping last year’s game, Audi announced during the Detroit auto show that it’s coming back.
• Buick: The brand’s Super Bowl debut is a 30-second ad spotlighting the Cascada convertible — one of 3 product launches this year — and starring New York Giants receiver Odell Beckham Jr. and actress/model Emily Ratajkowski.
• Honda: The redesigned Ridgeline pickup will hit the airwaves during the 3rd quarter, alongside a flock of talented sheep.
• Hyundai: The new NFL sponsor enlists comedian Kevin Hart in a 60-second ad running just before kickoff while actor Ryan Reynolds anchors a 30-second spot in the 2nd quarter. The brand also will run a 30-second ad in the 1st quarter and a 60-second production during the pre-game show.
• Kia: A 60-second commercial pitching the 2016 Optima as an antidote to blandness turns to actor Christopher Walken — in a closet.
• Mini: A 30-second ad, which will spotlight the updated Cooper Clubman along with other models, brims with star power, including tennis champion Serena Williams, skateboard legend Tony Hawk and Hall of Fame pitcher Randy Johnson.
• Toyota: The redesigned Prius will take center stage in a 90-second ad.
Read More At autonews.com