2001 Ads [VIDEO]
Every year, the Super Bowl brings out some of the best advertising campaigns for companies all around the world. For the big game in 2001, there were a number of amazing commercials that were brand aligned and definitely caught the attention of viewers everywhere. SuperBowl-Ads.com is a great website to engage with, to rewatch these commercials again and again, and to see which brands made the cut for the top five ads of that same year.
The first ad that gained a lot of attention from 2001 was ETrade’s “Ghost Town” a spoof of the 1970s Crying Indian commercial. It featured a chimp wearing an E*Trade shirt riding a horse past abandoned dot com businesses, and shedding a tear for the sock puppet which falls out of the esocks.com building.
Here are our picks for the top 10 best Super Bowl commercials of 2001:
- EDS – “Running with the squirrels”
- Budweiser – “What are you doing?”
- Etrade – “dot com Ghost Town”
- Bud Light – “Cedric the Entertainer on a Date”
- Doritos – “Tennis Lesson with Ali Landry”
- Snickers – “Catch Phrase Crunch”
- Pepsi – “Subway Miracle”
- ETrade – “Security Guard”
- FedEx – “Big Springs”
- Pepsi – “Man vs. Machine”