Pepsi Kicks Off Super Bowl LV Halftime Show Early with New TV Spot Featuring The Weeknd and Launch of Digital Fan Portal
In its 10th Year with the Halftime Show, Pepsi is bringing fans closer to the action with exclusive artist content, augmented reality (AR) filters, limited edition packaging and more.
The Pepsi Super Bowl Halftime Show is one of the most talked about moments in music and entertainment in the United States. With more than 100 million viewers tuning in for the spectacle and millions of fans abuzz on social in recent years, a performance this powerful cannot be contained to just one night. With boundary-bending artist and international phenom The Weeknd set to take the stage next month, Pepsi is going all-in on the Super Bowl LV Halftime Show starting now.
Pepsi is elevating the moment with its first Super Bowl Halftime Show TV spot featuring the year’s headlining artist. The spot debuted during the NFL Super Wild Card games this past weekend and will continue to air throughout the NFL Playoffs and on PepsiHalftime.com – a digital fan portal providing custom AR filters, an in-depth behind-the-scenes look at this year’s Pepsi Super Bowl Halftime Show and more.
“Over the past decade, the Pepsi Super Bowl Halftime Show has become one of the most anticipated, viewed, and talked about moments in music and entertainment. So, this year, instead of buying a traditional 30-second in-game Super Bowl ad, we decided to double down on the 12 minutes Pepsi already has in the middle of the game – the Pepsi Super Bowl Halftime Show,” said Todd Kaplan, VP of Marketing – Pepsi. “Coming off of a year that was mostly void of live music, we are reimagining the Pepsi Super Bowl Halftime Show to ensure fans can experience The Weeknd’s performance in new ways that have never been done before, with tons of exclusive access and content leading up to the show.”
Pepsi is bringing the Super Bowl LV Halftime Show to life across multiple retail and digital components. Retail promotions are in markets around the country now and, in the coming weeks, more content and experiences will roll out for fans online. The campaign includes:
- “Get Ready,” a new Super Bowl Halftime Show commercial that will replace the brand’s traditional :30 in-game ad. The new national spot, featuring The Weeknd and his chart-topping hit “Blinding Lights,” debuted this past weekend during the NFL Super Wild Card games and will continue to air nationally leading up to the Big Game on February 7
- Specially marked Pepsi Super Bowl LV Halftime Show cans and packaging available at retailers nationwide, while supplies last. This marks the first year ever the Halftime Show logo will appear on Pepsi packaging for sale in retail
- A QR code on specially marked packaging will lead consumers to PepsiHalftime.com where they can access exclusive artist and show assets and engaging AR filters
- Retail promotions featuring Pepsi Super Bowl Halftime Show point-of-sale displays, rolling out across national partners including Kroger, 7-Eleven, Target, Dollar General and more
- Much more to be revealed between now and Super Bowl Sunday
About the Pepsi Super Bowl LV Halftime Show
The Pepsi Super Bowl Halftime Show is the most-watched musical performance on television in the United States, with more than 100 million viewers tuning in to last year’s show. Super Bowl LV marks the brand’s tenth year as title sponsor of the Super Bowl Halftime Show and 19th year as an NFL partner. Past halftime performances include Jennifer Lopez, Shakira, Beyoncé, Justin Timberlake, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Bruno Mars, Prince, Madonna, and more. Viewers can expect unprecedented access to the making of pop culture’s biggest event and should stay tuned for more details. For ongoing updates on the Pepsi Super Bowl LV Halftime Show, follow @Pepsi on Instagram and Twitter.
For more information about Super Bowl LV, visit SuperBowl.com.